If you have been arrested or even accused of driving under the influence, you’re probably thinking, why should I hire an attorney? If you think you are guilty, why pay the legal fees?
The answer is simple. You needed a legal expert to review all facets of your claim.
- Did the cop have reasonable suspicion to pull you over?
- Was the cop justified and taking your blood or searching your car?
- Where the field sobriety tests conducted in a reasonable and professional manner or any of these things admissible in court?
- Did the law enforcement officers seek a warrant?
- Where your Miranda rights read properly for any questioning done for you?
- What does the video and dash cam footage of the police car show are you actually guilty of the crime that they are alleging?
Oftentimes, these questions are best left to the legal experts to help you resolve your case and hopefully get you found not guilty.
There are also several collateral consequences of a DUI that you may or may not be aware of or you might be asking yourself. Questions such as:
- DoI have to do the 24 seven program?
- What effects will this have on my insurance?
- How long will I lose my driver’s license for?
- Will I have to go to jail?
- If I’ve got more than one DUI, what will happen?
- Do I have to go to prison?
- What effect may this have on my career plans, school plans or future opportunities?
At first glance, you may be thinking I don’t need a lawyer to help me. However, as the proverb goes, a man who is his own lawyer, has a fool for a client.
We have handled countless criminal matters from minor misdemeanors, petty thefts, DUIs, all the way up to serious murder charges all throughout the state of South Dakota.
If you have been accused or charged with a DUI, call the legal experts at Alvine Weidenaar to handle your case. We are always fighting for the injury.